Frequently Asked Questions
Is Baby NäsaKleen® made of safe materials?
Yes – All parts of Baby NäsaKleen® are BPA, DEHP/phthalate, and latex-free.
Is Baby NäsaKleen® safe to use on newborns?
Yes – Baby NäsaKleen is safe to use on newborns, infants and small children.
My baby is very stuffy, but nothing comes out when I aspirate her.
Try applying a few drops of saline in each nostril – wait for a few moments and then aspirate again.
Caution: Do not use saline drops for more than four consecutive days as it may dry out the mucous membranes.
Is it possible for me to contract my baby’s cold when using Baby NäsaKleen®?
No – The hygiene filter prevents mucus and bacteria transfer from child to user.
How is Baby NäsaKleen® different than nasal bulb syringes or electrical aspirators?
The traditional bulb syringes are very hard to clean, which makes them susceptible to spread infection. Electrical aspirators typically have one suction mode, which makes it harder to control the suction – particularly when the level of suction required differs between babies.
How do I clean Baby NäsaKleen®?
- Dissemble all components by pulling apart the tip from the cylindrical chamber, the tubing from the chamber, and the mouthpiece from the tubing. Remove the filter prior to cleaning. The filter cannot be cleaned or sterilized. It can, however, be set aside for reuse if it has not come in contact with mucus.
- Wash all components (excluding the filter) in warm water with liquid dishwashing detergent. Rinse thoroughly with clean running water. Shake off excess water and set aside to dry. The components should not be reassembled when wet.
To disinfect, choose one of the three methods:
Place all components in boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow the water to cool completely before removing the components from the water. Shake off excess water. Allow all components to cool and air dry before assembling. Use lint-free towels to dry the outside of the parts and air dry the inside of the components.
Clean all components with soap and water as mentioned above, then shake off the excess water. Place all components in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will disinfect all components. Please make sure all components are near dry before placing them in the microwave.
In some countries, where available, use baby bottle disinfecting chemical tablets or solution, and use the same protocol.
Note: The filter is disposable and should be replaced if it comes into contact with mucus, or after the child’s acute illness episode ends. Do not attempt to sterilize and reuse the filter.
While Baby NäsaKleen® is dishwasher safe, a dishwasher will not adequately clean the inside of the Baby NäsaKleen® components. The water jets in dishwashers cannot enter the narrow parts of the Baby NäsaKleen® components, and portions of the interior will not be cleaned thoroughly.
Can you use the nasal aspirator more than once?
Yes, Baby NäsaKleen® is designed for multiple use.
- This product is intended to be used by adults on children.
- Do not share the same Baby NasaKleen® unit between babies/children.
- If your baby has any known nasal ailments, we recommend that you consult your baby’s doctor before using this product.
Contains small parts – Keep out of reach and sight of babies and children.